Monday, August 31, 2009

Going to Committee

We viewed a little boys profile last week. We will move forward with this precious child. In Holt adoption terms, that means we're going to committee. From my understanding they will determine if we're a good family fit for him. There are other families interested in this little boy. Regardless of who he goes home with, I'm thrilled to know that he'll be getting a family and a home. Chances are that the committee will choose a family that is paperwork ready if they are also a good fit. That would get the little boy home quicker.

You might also note that this little boy is not part of a sibling group. Though we want siblings and I would love twins, our main goal is to care for the orphans in need of a home, even if that's not exactly what we want. I'm still learning that it's not about me.

We continue to walk in faith...

No comments:

Post a Comment