Monday, April 27, 2009

Floored

I read the following on a blog today:

"A few weeks ago my cousin wrote on Facebook that she is impressed by people who don't just save princesses but also the broken, hurting, outcast and penniless."

I was floored by that thought.

Sure, I'm willing to take a child with minor special needs. But am I willing to take the completely broken, hurting, outcast and penniless? Wow, I'd like to say yes but I know that I'd be lying to myself. I've said many times that I would take minor special needs because I don't have the time (I work full time) or resources (we live in a small community with out specialized doctors). ouch!

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops. I just realized it wasnt YOUR cousin :) but I still wonder how many children (special needs in fact) this person has adopted? hmmm..

    ReplyDelete
  3. This person is amazing. She is a special ed. teacher and currently has a foster child in her house who, if she becomes adoptable, she and her husband have said they will adopt in a hearbeat. This little baby was shaken at 6 weeks old and, as a result, half of her brain has atrophied. She will not be able to dress herself, feed herself, or even do the most basic things. God is calling them to care for this child, even though she will as special needs as they come. They also want more on top of that. This person, K, not only talks the talk but walks the walk. And, as her social worker, I get to witness it every day. She has been a gift to my life, this baby's life, and many more lives to come.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Tammy!
    To read your blog brought tears to my eyes...Adoption has been on my heart for so many years now. having 4 kids of our own, it is nearly impossible to adopt a smaller child in the U.S. disability or not! I would love to hear more of the info on adopting over sees! How much money do you need to fund this adoption?
    In His Name,
    Jill Woods-O'Bannon

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll have to check out that book...thanks for letting me know about it!

    ReplyDelete