Wednesday, March 4, 2009

We did an Application

Yikes, we kinda/sorta did an application. I was all set in my mind to go with Ghana for adoption through About a Child. They website doesn't mention Ghana but they're doing some cool work there through a Ghananian pastor. Ghana isn't big on adopting out infants but they have been known to do it. I asked the agency about adopting an infant through there and they think its possible, maybe just a slower process because they're not as likely to come through.

Today I talked to the agency about our application to find out if there was a fee since their website doesn't mention an application fee. They don't have one which is great news on our pocket book! She recommended that I talk to the head lady (its a small agency) about some eastern european countries because of my interest in an infant. I wasn't sure if she was just making me aware of the opportunities there or she was saying that an infant from Ghana might work out. I will try to call tonight and talk to the head lady. I'd also be okay with a Russian adoption but that country fee is $4500 more than Ghana.

Lord, we continue to ask that you would have favor on us and that whatever child we adopt will be in Your will and would glorify You. God, would you please surround us during this process - going ahead of us, bringing up the rear, and even giving us the words to communicate as we email back and forth. Thank you for adopting us!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Tamara,
    So...here's an explanation about how my parents came to adopt too! http://gossettadoption.blogspot.com/2008/09/brothers.html
    -Autumn

    ReplyDelete