Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Passport Renewal

I finally did it, well sort of...
I went to the Recorder's office to ask about getting my passport renewed. The recorder was very friendly and answered all my questions. Unfortunately I do have to get a brand new passport and pay the whole fee because I changed my name when I married. Grr. We chatted about not needing the passport right away cause we've just started the adoption process. She informed that it would be $110 to re-do my passport and asked if I'd like to do it then. Considering the time, and the fact that I didn't have $110 in my wallet, I said that I'd come back another time.

This morning I received an email from a dear friend that said she did it online and it was only $75. I might be looking into that option instead. Even if the Recorder's office let me bring in my own picture to save $10, there would still be a $25 difference. I'll have to do some more digging on the internet about passports.

No comments:

Post a Comment