Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Hello Friends

I started this blog a while back as sort of a journal. Recently, I made a few changes to it and today I changed the status of it so anyone can read. There are a few things I want to share with all of you:
  1. This is by no means about me. It's about being obedient to God. His Word talks about caring for the orphans and the widows numerous times. I have had a heart for missions and adoption for years and I'm thankful for the opporunity to take this journey
  2. We are busy like the rest of you. I'm not sure exactly how this process will go but I am sure that it won't happen over night as we're committed to several other things which take time.
  3. We would greatly appreciate it if you would pray for us.

We don't yet know where exactly God will lead us or through what agency. Those are the details were researching right now. I want to do an international adoption but am currently open to the foster/adopt system as well. Either way, we hope for an infant so that our kids will be older. If you're not familiar with international adoption, each agency has a set list of countries and each country has its own eligibility requirements. Sifting through much of that, we're thinking Ethiopia, which also happens to be a place close to our hearts as we have a friend who is a veterinary missionary there.

Please feel free to ask questions

1 comment:

  1. so fun to find you! i will be excited to see how god leads you! we are with agci.

    ReplyDelete