Monday, February 23, 2009

He will provide

I've been doing some reading and have found that most couples who adopt do so as a way to build their family. I think that's a wonderful thing; it not only provides an opportunity for a couple to have a child but also allows another option for a woman who's not prepared to be a mother. I believe strongly that abortion is wrong and I'm so thankful that there's adoption is such a wonderful option. With that in mind and dear to my heart, that's not why we seek to adopt. I'd like to also connect with families who already have children and are seeking to adopt since that's the ship we're sailing.

Recently God has greatly provided in two clear ways a connection that my heart desires. Let me share briefly [if briefly is possible when my fingers are on a keyboard]:
1. Two weeks ago I did a quick search for a family where I grew up that had their own son and then adopted two Korean boys. I just wanted to pick their brain a little but the search only provided a street address and I was hoping for something more internet-ish, like a way to contact them via email. I resorted to knowing I could phone them at some point in the future. Then last week as I was praying for little Eli and reading through the comments on his mom's blog, I found myself linking to the blogs of those who commented to see if I knew them too (since it was a blog of a friend back in CA). At the top of one of the blogs, I saw Jerad's picture. Jerad is the son that was born to the family prior to their adoption. I couldn't believe it. And not only that, but the picture was celebrating Jared and his wife's brand new baby that they ADOPTED! Again, I couldn't believe it. So I contacted this stranger whose blog I was staring at and asked for Jerad's email. This morning I emailed him and am excited to hear back.

Today my prayer to a God who can make the simple but amazing connection is asking that He will have favor on my email and that it won't be sent to Jerad's junk or spam mail.

2. During our Discipleship Hour on Sunday, we had two families join us to talk about their call to full time missions in Guatamala. Little did I know nor could I be prepared for the emotion that stirred in my heart as I heard the family talk about adopting two children from Guatamala. They told of how the adoption let them to become missionaries in that foreign place. I had read about these families and don't at all recall reading about their adoption connection. How amazing.

Today my prayer to a God who can connect two strangers through a totally different topic is asking that He will continue to introduce me to those in whom we can find encouragement through this process.

No comments:

Post a Comment