Tuesday, June 21, 2011

More Detailed Et Maps

My friend Denise Ward (who was a veterinary missionary in Et) gave me a link to some detailed maps of Ethiopia. Unfortunately, I still can't find Damot Pulasa on there Sharon. Take a look at the link but know that it's a BIG file. I saved it, will remove the amharic pages and then maybe post some individual maps...http://www.ifpri.org/sites/default/files/publications/atlasall.pdf

If it takes you to the ifpri homepage, just navigate to the country of ethiopia in the top bar and then go down to a May 2007 publication. And if you're interested in agriculture things like me, you might read the whole document. This 108 page document titled "Ethiopian Rural Economy" talks about crop production, access to clean water, livestock, etc. Don't be overwhelmed, for each map/graph in English, there's a subsequent map/graph in Amharic. And really, the first 17 pages explain all their processes. So, if you do the math, that should really only be 37 pages of reading... I might just start tonight. Then again I have four loads of laundry to fold, 4 more to wash and blogs posts to write about my trip... wishful thinking...

No comments:

Post a Comment