Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Change is Evident...

but that doesn't mean we like it. Today the cafekids yahoo group that I'm a part of has been busy with recent news about the adoption process in Ethiopia changing. Holt, our agency, has not yet confirmed the news but plans to send an update out today sometime.

It has been said that Ethiopia will become a 2-trip country as of March 1st. The first trip will be to meet the child and attend the court date. The second trip will be to bring the child home.

I have also heard that this will affect families different based on where they are in the proccess.

I have read the information coming out 2nd hand by other agencies and it's all worded a tad bit differently. What I think I understand is that those with court appointments already scheduled, will not be affected by this 2-trip rule. Our first court appointment was on March 1st. Our second court appointment is tomorrow (which is actually while I sleep tonight).

For my own selfish reasons, I'm praying that we will only be required to make one trip. I'm ready to bring our son home.

2 comments:

  1. I'm pretty sure you will not have to make another trip. :) :) Sending good vibes your way!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be praying that you are safe from making 2 trips!! I can't imagine being as far along as you guys and receiving this news! We're still on the waiting list - haven't received our referral yet and it still shook us up a bit! oh well - whatever it takes to get him home!

    ReplyDelete