Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Family Book

I still have not made a family book for our little guy. I'm a perfectionist. Big time. I'm struggling with wanting to have recent enough pictures, pictures where the rooms are unusually clean, pictures that perfectly portray our imperfect family. Why am I such a perfectionist?

I also want to share our family with him and am struggling with wanting lots of pictures in there. Do I put in the picture of his cousins he will rarely see because they live in California? Will it offend my family if I don't? Do I add the pictures of some close friends who he'll know and see regularly? Would he appreciate a picture of a sunrise/sunset? He's two, who am I kidding. Does he even know what a sunset is?

Does it have to be a shutterfly book? Can it be simpler? Will I look back and wish I had something fancier? Can't we just bring him home and not worry about it???

1 comment:

  1. Ha! All questions we went through as well. I bought baby photo-album books with about 6 pages for each of our kids. Since they're little, that's about all the pages they have attention span for anyway. I put a photo of them in the front with their old/new names, then photos of us, us with Kaylen. The pages have plastic over them - and you can swap out the photos later if you want,

    ReplyDelete