Thursday, February 11, 2010

Big News - Court Date Scheduled

I got wonderful news from Ms. Dalton this morning. We have a court appointment scheduled for March 1st. Wowza! Our dossier arrived in Ethiopia on February 1st and 4 weeks later will be our court appointment.

Now, according to Holt, we should "expect court dates to be TENTATIVE: this means there is a high likelihood that your case will not be heard and will be re-scheduled for another day". Thank you Holt for the clarification and reminder.

Regardless of that, I'm so stinkin' excited to her news... even if it is possibly tentative.

With that thought comes the reminder that this is an international adoption and things can quickly change. In the recent months, families are not passing their first court appointment. The thing I cling to is that we're on God's schedule and He loves and cares for the orphans so I don't need to worry with all the details.

Simple to easy, difficult to believe with my heart. Lord, help me to believe in Your perfect will and timing all while You also give peace and hope to our little guy and his biological family.

So, a couple of things on my mind today. I have been praying that we will pass court the first time. Eventually I started praying that for some others I know who had scheduled court appointments. (By the way, they passed in late January, thank you Lord). But I feel like I'm in a bit of a dilemma here. With a court appointment of March 1st, if we pass like I have been praying for, that means we would likely be travelling in April. I'm okay with that except one thing. Ryan is a veterinarian and April is usually the bulk of calving season. This is a busy time at the clinic where Ryan regularly gets called out at night. Us travelling in April would put Dr. Carlson on call every night which would be stressful, tiring and suck for his family.

Now, I'm not sure if I want to pray that specific prayer. I believe in praying specifically. I also want to be in God's will for things. I don't want to change my prayer as a cop-out for not trusting God. Maybe I will continue to pray my specific prayer, asking for God's will and hope that He will work out the details as needed! Whew!

The light at the end of the tunnel just got a little brighter friends! Yipee!!!!

14 comments:

  1. Congratulations!
    I have NEVER heard of calving season... so thanks for the 411 on that!
    :)
    So happy for all the good news today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like I need a "life in the country" or "a day in the life of a vet" post on my regular blog for my city friends :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! Congrats! I will be praying for the timing issue. We have a similar timing issue here with possibly a new job. God's timing is perfect. Hope all goes smoothly for you!

    Lindsie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything happens for a reason (at least thats what I keep telling myself about OUR situation!). Is there another vet in the area that might be able to help out with the on-call nights? Perhaps explaining your situation NOW to someone else in the area so people know in advance what to expect?

    I know that your husband would do the same for someone else in this situation. Have faith that everything will go according to plan. Maybe not YOUR plan, but definitely God's plan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay, congrats on being another BIG step closer :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! Wow, that was fast!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOOT WOOT!!! You have a date...that's amazing news!!! I bet you almost fell over when you got the email...congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the good news! I'll be praying for you, for the first court hearing to not be continued and for the timing of your travels to work out for everyone involved.

    I probably never told you this but my old boss (old as in previous, not old as in age!) and his wife adopted 2 children through Holt! This was many years ago, as both children are in high school and possibly started college. He has only spoken wonderful things about their adoptions and when I left the job had spoken of possibly adopting again.

    Can't wait to hear more good news from you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks everyone for the kind comments. I have "fell out of my chair" with laughter today at Chrissy's haiku's! They're awesome. I've been in and out of my email a lot today with different things and the email totally caught me by surprise. I wasn't expecting to hear anything until March. Yippee!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's amazing how God always works it out, even if we think it needs to be one way and he does it another!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness - I'm so excited for you! I'll be praying for all the logistics to work out perfectly, whenever God's will for your son to come home!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations to you. Everything will work out how it should. So hard to wait and trust.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's great news! I will add prayers for your court date and easy transition for your travels!

    ReplyDelete